Security and Privacy
We respect your right to privacy and are committed to maintaining it. We only collect, store and process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2011.
Information we may hold
- Information that you have provided to us including but not limited to when you:
- purchase products through the Website, over the phone and/or through store kiosks
- submit rate and reviews
- use Tripp applications on Facebook
- use the Tripp mobile shopping application
- enter competitions, prize draws or promotions which we are promoting
- sign up to marketing/newsletters including by email and SMS
- use our customer services web-chat facility
- Information you provide our partners and when you report a problem with the website.
- Information you provide to us when applying through the Website for registration, subscribing to any of our services or requesting further services.
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Information we collect using cookies stored on your device. Please see the section on cookies for more information and how to manage them.
- Your IP address
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access.
- Information provided to us by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you
Information we request and hold includes but is not limited to the following:
- Your name, age, date of birth, sex
- Billing and delivery postal addresses
- Phone and fax numbers
- Email addresses
- Usernames and passwords
- Browsing and shopping activities
- Your customer queries
We, or third party data processors who act on our behalf, may use the personal data you provide us in the following manner:
To provide you with the requested goods and/or services including but not limited to processing and fulfilling your order and administering promotions such as competitions and prize draws.
- To monitor and improve the services and the Website
- To manage your marketing preferences.
- To contact you if there is a query regarding your order.
- In the event that you purchase goods on the Tripp website, you may be sent an email requesting whether you would like to review your product.
- To verify your identity.
- In certain circumstances in order to process your order and to verify your identity, we may call your provided telephone number you have provided to perform security checks and to request that you verify certain information.
- Market research purposes
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements;
- In the detection and prevention of fraud or other crimes.
- To assist with any of your customer queries
- For research, analysis, risk management, legal, accounting, administrative, testing, monitoring and for our business operations.
Unless you have not consented to, we may use your personal data in the following manner:
From time to time, to inform you by post, email, SMS or other available means, of products, services, promotions and special offers
We may disclose personal data we collect to third parties in the following manner:
- We may disclose your personal data where it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
- We may pass on non-personal aggregated information about sales and website usage to reputable organisations for research or analysis purposes only.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of Tripp Ltd.
- We do pass your details to Tripp' approved Customer Service centres, who adhere to the UK Data Protection Acts 1998, and who will use this data solely for the purpose of answering your customer service queries.
Transferring data internationally
By using and/or shopping on the Website you consent to the transfer of your personal data to third party data processors located in countries outside of the European Economic Area ('EEA').
Payment Card details
We use Sage to process your payment card details in order to complete your purchase that you made through the Website, mobile applications and the kiosk, and may in certain instances disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you.
You may opt out from any email marketing by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the marketing emails.
You may opt out from any SMS marketing by using the suppression codes located on the marketing text messages.
Phishing is a method used by fraudsters to deceive someone into giving sensitive information. Most of the time phishing will take the form of emails, which purport to be from well-known companies and ask recipients to send their private information. This information is then used for identity theft and fraud.
Tripp will only ask you to send personal details by email if it is responding to a query you have sent it online and these details are needed to answer your query properly. Tripp will never ask you to send any personal details by email unless you have contacted Tripp first. If you have not contacted Tripp, please ignore any email claiming to be from Tripp which asks for personal details, and let us know about it.
If Tripp ever requires your personal information other than when you have already contacted Tripp with a query, for security reasons we will ask you to give us a call.
Back to top
At Tripp we take your online security very seriously. Full details of how we protect the information you provide us are given below:
- When you place your order, you are offered the use of an advanced secure server. The secure server software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us.
- As an additional security measure, credit card numbers are encrypted both before an order is processed and when stored on our database.
- For security reasons, we strongly recommend that you do not send credit card numbers by standard email.
Protecting Your Security
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Back to top
Payment Authentication (3D Secure)
Your security is our highest priority, so we offer an additional step to give you peace of mind. Verified by Visa (VbV) and MasterCard®, Secure Code (MSC) (often referred to as 3-D Secure or Payment Authentication) acts like a Chip & Pin for your online purchases and protects you by asking for a secret password.
The new step within the payment process allows your card issuer to fully authenticate cardholders during the online purchase, reducing the likelihood of fraudulent usage.
Back to top
What are Cookies?
Our website uses Google Analytics to gather non-personal information on our visitors in order to determine how many visits our website is receiving at any given time. This is done through the use of 'cookies' and code which is embedded on our web pages. If you wish to reject the cookies on our website, you will need to turn off cookies in your browser. You can find instructions on how to reject cookies in different browsers here. Please note that rejecting cookies may mean that some sites will not function correctly.
Google's explanation of the Analytics service is as follows:
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Technical Cookie Information
If you would like to know exactly what cookies are being used by Google Analytics and how they operate, or if you would like to find out more about the EU Cookie Law, you can do so via the links below.
ICO Cookie Regulations and the EU Cookie Law
Cookies and Google Analytics
- To identify you as you travel around our site and to monitor your journey and record sales. This enables us to identify issues and improve our customer journey.
- To provide site usage information, which together with purchase information, will further help us improve and develop the products and services we offer.
- To ensure that items are placed into your Shopping Basket and your order is processed correctly. For marketing purposes for example, to display personalised banners.
Opt Out of Using Cookies
You can opt out of non-essential cookies at any time by clicking this link...
Access to Information
You have the right to ask what personal data is held by us about you. We may charge a fee for this which will not exceed £10.00. You also have the right to have changed any inaccuracies in the details we hold about you. You may exercise your above rights by means of a request in writing to us at E-commerce (Customer Relations), 2 -5 St. Johns Square, Clerkenwell, London, EC1M 4DE or by emailing us at Customersrvice@Tripp.co.uk.
Back to top
Customer Ratings and Review
When you submit a rating and review on the Tripp Website and/or Facebook we request you provide the following information:
- Your nickname
- Your location (optional)
- Email address (optional - if you do submit your email address we do not publish it, but request it to inform you whether your review has been published or rejected)
We publish the following details on the Tripp Website and on Facebook:
- Your nickname
- Your location if provided
- Your product rating and review
In addition, on the Facebook application you may have the opportunity to post various questions, reviews or other content.
Please note that you can change certain settings on Facebook related to the application through your account and privacy settings on Facebook.